Welcome to the SAIAB Library
As a National Facility of the National Research Foundation (NRF), SAIAB serves as a major scientific resource for knowledge and understanding the biodiversity and functioning of globally significant aquatic ecosystems. By virtue of its unique position with regard to both marine and freshwater biogeographical boundaries, southern Africa is ideally placed to monitor and document climate change.
From a marine perspective South Africa forms the southern apex of a major continental mass, flanked by very different marine ecosystems on the east and west coasts, and projecting towards the cold southern Ocean large marine ecosystem.
Accessing RU Library e-resources from SAIAB
Library users using SAIAB IP adresses are consided to be Off-campus users.
You will be prompted for:
- library login name as registered at the library
- barcode number off the back of your card
- PIN in order to access the library resources
If you do not have access please register here for your "My Library account"
- you must select your own PIN
- you must be registered for the current year as a RU Library user
Note: The librarians at SAIAB cannot register you -- you will have to do this at the main RU Library Ctcrulation front desk.
Rhodes University Library Quick Links
- My Library Record
- Book Orders
- Inter-Library Loan Requests
- Google Scholar
- Faculty Liaison Services
- Past Exam Papers
- Rhodes eResearch Repository
- Collection Development Policy
- E-resources: conditions of use
- Library user access categories & privileges
- Library use & conduct code