Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Researcher Identity (online)
ORCID provides a persistent digital identifier that distinguishes you from every other researcher and, through integration in key research workflows such as manuscript and grant submission, supports automated linkages between you and your professional activities ensuring that your work is recognized.
ORCID: Connecting research and researchers This link opens in a new window
ORCID is a nonprofit organization helping create a world in which all who participate in research, scholarship and innovation are uniquely identified and connected to their contributions and affiliations, across disciplines, borders, and time.
How to Series
This is a How to Series - videos developed by the Rhodes University Scholarly Communications Office.
This series is intended to assist Rhodes University researchers and Postgraduate students with their ORCID number registration and the building of their online researcher profiles.
Google Scholar Citations
Google Scholar My Citations provide a simple way for authors to keep track of citations to their articles. You can check who is citing your publications, graph citations over time, and compute several citation metrics. You can also make your profile public, so that it may appear in Google Scholar results when people search for your name
Google Scholar My Citations
Rhodes University researchers on My Citations
ResearcherID is a global, multi-disciplinary scholarly research community.
With a unique identifier assigned to each author in ResearcherID, you can
eliminate author misidentification and view an author’s citation metrics
instantly. Search the registry to find collaborators, review publication lists
and explore how research is used around the world.
Use Publons to track your publications, citation metrics, peer reviews, and journal editing work in a single, easy-to-maintain profile.
- All your publications, instantly imported from Web of Science, ORCID, or your bibliographic reference manager (e.g. EndNote or Mendeley).
- Trusted citation metrics, automatically imported from the Web of Science Core Collection.
- Correct author attribution, with your unique ResearcherID automatically added to the publications you claim in Web of Science collections.
- Your verified peer review and journal editing history, powered by partnerships with thousands of scholarly journals.
- Downloadable record summarising your scholarly impact as an author, editor and peer reviewer.
Want to know more? Watch the video.
For more information and/or to create your Publons profile
Rhodes University Researchers registered with Publons
Preview your open and free author profile on Elsevier's Scopus, the largest abstract and citation database of peer-reviewed literature
The Open Science Research Network
- Connect with colleagues and leading academics
- Increase your visibility and track your impact
- Stay up-to-date with cutting-edge research
Register your Loop profile